Top 10 Tips for More Fun and Better Health
Professionals and small business / home office workers have great freedom to schedule their days, arrange furniture, choose music and take care of themselves at work. Unfortunately, they also have all the responsibilities, make all the decisions, and take on all the burdens. The result is often forget to take care of ourselves. Use the benefits that you have! The following tips can help make your day easier and help you work smarter, better and healthier.
1. In the morning, reduce caffeine to one cup. Or better yet, switch to herbal tea! Start calm and you will most likely stay the same all day.
2. Use advanced music and humor (I love the daily Daily Freddy Calendar!) To start your day off to a great start.
3. Make sure your first appointment for the day is great! Meet a friend for breakfast, greet co-workers with a big smile, and make an appointment for their first favorite in the morning. Start the day with some fun!
4. In the middle of the morning, stand up, stretch and move, at least for a moment. Take many deep breaths, stretch your hands over your head, be silly, dance, and move your body!
5. Have a light lunch with fruits, vegetables, and carbohydrates. Traditional soup and large salad, or half sandwich and apple. Your body needs sustenance, not a heavy load, so it lights up!
6. Take a few minutes during the lunch break to do something completely different: read poetry, call your old friend, take a nap, go play. What you do is not as important as it keeps your mind and body away from your work. Take a real break!
7. During the afternoon, stand and stretch at least once every hour. Gently move your back, touch your fingers, or touch the sky. Turn your head from side to side and take some deep breathing to clean. And while you're at it, smile!
8. When you accumulate stress and work, take a short break. Close the door (or go to the restroom, or the broom closet if you have to!) But be alone, close your eyes, and imagine a tropical island, or your favorite picnic spot. Life is good! Breathe slowly, relax.
9. Once a day, do something “extra” - call an old customer to check in, thank a colleague for the referral, and send a note to a friend. Have fun with this. Make it a game that combines business with pleasure and expanding your communication circle. (Hint: Email "quick thinking" to you! People love them!)
10. At the end of the day, clean up your desk, and straighten out the desk. Doorman will do the routine things, but I am glad to close this day. Establish a routine indicating the end of the day, it's time to take off, and time to go home.